ALL ANALOG PEDAL BASED ON LEGENDARY HERBERT AMP
No amp embodies the power and signature roar of Diezel Amplification like the 180-watt Herbert. And with the Herbert Pedal, that same searing gain, punishingly tight low end, and finely tuned midrange fits on your pedal board.
This high-gain stomp replicates its namesake amp’s preamp with precision. You’ll find the same wide-ranging EQ control and foot-switchable Midcut circuit, along with Presence and Deep controls for mimicking the amplifier’s power-section punch.
To make this stompbox-sized preamp even more flexible, we included a separate output for running directly into a power amplifier, using the Herbert Pedal as your rig’s front end. And you can control it all remotely, thanks to its 1/4″ stereo jack.
If you want to add the savage sounds of Diezel’s Herbert to your setup, but don’t need to harness the power of the full head, the Herbert Pedal is your high-gain sonic solution.
Preamp or stompbox, your choice
Far from just another distortion pedal, the Diezel Herbert pedal offers multiple ways to achieve its ground-shaking tones. If you prefer using pedals for your dirt, you’ll find the pedal works beautifully straight into the front of your clean amp. But you’ll also find a dedicated “To Power Amp In” output jack that turns the pedal into a fully functional preamp. Plug it into the series effects loop return of any guitar amp or directly into a stand-alone power amp, and you’ve turned your amp into your very own Diezel Herbert – perfect for players who often have to rely on less-than-dependable rental backlines.
- Two ways to achieve the Diezel tone
- Works as either an overdrive effect or as a stand-alone preamp
- Independent “To Power Amp In” output is finely tuned for power amps or series effects loop inputs
- When used as a preamp, the Bypass switch mutes your signal
- Midcut Master: Adjusts the volume of the pedal when the Midcut is on.
- Midcut Intensity: Adjust the intensity of the Midcut.
- Normal Master: Adjust the volume of the pedal when the Midcut is off.
- Gain: Adjusts the amount of gain for the pedal.
- Treble, Middle, Bass: Shapes the EQ and adjusts the overall tone.
- Presence: Contours the high frequency content – simulating the PRESENCE control on the HERBERT amplifier.
- Deep: Increases the ultra low frequency content – simulating the DEEP control on the HERBERT amplifier.
- Guitar input: Connect your guitar to this input.
- Stereo Remote Jack: Tip is switching Mid cut section on/off. Ring is switching Bypass on the “Out to guitar amp” or Mute on the “Out to power amp”.
- To Clean Guitar Amp In: Connect to the clean input of your amp.
- To Power Amp In: Connect to the power amp in.
- Preamp pedal based on the Diezel Herbert
- Foot-switchable Midcut circuit
- Controls: Normal Master, Midcut Master, Midcut Intensity, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, and Deep
- Pedal be powered between 12-18VDC (no battery)
- 12V power supply included
- 18V power supply cable included (for use with 9V isolated power supplies)
- Power draw 100mA
- Weight: 1.5lbs
- Dimensions: 6.5″L x 5″W x 2″T